Care instructions and maintenance tips for keeping your knits in “like new” condition for longer
- Handwash only;
- Shake to remove dust;
- Soak in cool water using a detergent recommended for handwashing wool;
- Gently agitate to remove dirt particles if any;
- Rinse 3-4 times in cool water and gently squeeze it out without wringing it or pulling it;
- Avoid hanging for long periods of time. It is best to lay flat to dry and to store folded in a cool and dry place;
- When dry, a brisk shake or brushing with a soft brush will restore the pile. Natural animal fibers tend to shed at first but will settle with wear and wash overtime;
- Avoid storage of handmade knitwear in plastic bags. Better keep it in a cotton or non-woven textile bag. Plastic bags should be used for transportation only in order to protect the garment from contamination;
- Don’t overdo brushing. It won’t harm the fabric but it may result in the garment being too fuzzy for your liking.
- NEVER bleach handmade knitwear.
- MOST IMPORTANT !!! Enjoy your handcrafted SuperTanya knitwear as often as possible. 🙂